Thursday, December 22, 2005

1/3

So, now my first term at KCP is finished. I have completed one-third of my time in Japan thus far. It's interesting how everything has worked out. I've moved from my host family into the dorm, and everything is working out pretty well. The meal plan here is something I'm going to have to adjust to, and next year, chances are good that I'll be in the morning class instead of the afternoon class, so that will definitely be a big adjustment as well. We'll have to see what happens. Then again, I'm all ready for it.

What I'm not sure I'm ready for is this big trip to Kyoto today. I'm all psyched, but at the same time, I'm not sure. I've wanted to go for so long now, and now that it's finally here, I'm not sure what to think. I had to spend yesterday doing all the things I should have done a week ago if it weren't for the hecticness of finals season (for example, getting my Alien Registration Card, trying to cancel my flight home, getting my visa taken care of, and all of those other little things I need to do to stay in the country).

I could do that all nice and fine, but tonight, I have to catch a bus to Kyoto (which is already reserved and everything), but I don't know what it's going to be like, and to be honest, that's a little scary for me. The other thing is that I've been waiting for this long to go see Seimei. Now, the way it works out, I'll be spending the majority of Christmas with him, which is actually kind of funny when I think about it. But still, I haven't really travelled outside of Tokyo by myself so far, so I really don't know what to expect.

I always seem to get this irrational fear though. I got it once or twice when I was just able to catch the last train home. I got it just yesterday, when I tried to go to Jin-fun-san's house through Kabuki-cho and got a little lost. I guess it'll be the same here. Once I get on the train, I'll be ok, and can enjoy everything from then on. That is, until I have to catch the return bus. And then there's the flight to Kushiro. Sigh. I guess my world will always remain hectic.

By the way, I still have several blog entires I've been meaning to write. Now that I'm settled in to the dorm, I can probably start with a few of them. Maybe I can do some on the train, or during some spare time at Holly's. Either way, the point is that I'm behind, so hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

Also, for those of you counting, class starts up again on January 12th. I'll have a new schedule, a host of new teachers, and all sorts of other things to write about, I'm sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, hope everything works out ok, I know you will be fine, but just to let you know my thoughts are with you!! I know life seems hectic now but once all is said it will quiet, I can almost guarantee it!!!(Even if I, being the caring individual I am, have to abduct you from afar and lock you in a cabin somewhere to just be.....there.^_^0 Much luv homeskillet, good luck on all and e-mail me! ~YS (you know what the initials are haha)

12:37 AM  
Blogger Me said...

*smiles* I think I'll be fine now. I realized the shrine I'm visiting is close to the station and there's a bus right there. I'm just irrationally afraid sometimes of going to a new place by myself that's really far from anyplace I know. At the same time, this has been a quest for me for the past three or four years, and it's really something I have to do myself anyway.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home