Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More funsies...

Well, today, I attended graduation for the older kids who have been here for two years already. It was kind of touching and moving. I had to go to recite a tanka (短歌, special five-line poem, a haiku [俳句] with two seven-syllabic lines at the end) that I wrote for graduation. It was pretty cool. Here's the tanka if anyone is interested (note that if you want to read it aloud, use Spanish vowel pronunciations):

生きる意味 (ikiru imi)
夢見る時に (yume miru toki ni)
空の中 (sora no naka)
今日より高く (kyou yori takaku)
飛ぶ将来に (tobu shourai ni)
(The meaning of life is that, at the time you see a dream, you fly higher than today towards the future...)

Though I like the one I wrote in class on the subject of "me" better:

俺の中 (ore no naka)
天地陰陽 (tenchi inyou)
永遠に (eien ni)
木火土金 (ki ka dou kin)
水様に舞う (sui you ni mau)
(Inside me are heaven and earth and yin and yang, dancing for eternity like wood, fire, earth, metal, and water...)

Yeah. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. :-P I used a lot of old poetic words (like "mau") for those non-Japanese-speakers in my reading crowd.

So anyway, graduation was cool. We got to watch the koto (琴) class perform, which was really cool. I forgot my camera, but Terry taped most of it, so I'll just have to grab the videos from him sometime. It was really kind of sentimental too, even though I wasn't graduating. It still felt like I was leaving. It's going to be hard to leave all my teachers here, I think. They've all helped me so much these past six months, it'll be hard to think of life without them.

After graduation, I got some shopping done. Angela's newest CD (which was supposed to be released tomorrow) was on the shelves, so I nabbed it. The new CD is called "PRHYTHM," which looks very odd, but it's supposed to be a combination of "prism" and "rhythm." Gackt's "Moon Child" novel and Yumemakura Baku (夢枕獏)'s most recent (3/10) Onmyoji (陰陽師) novel also found their way into my shopping bag, so that was nice. (As for the CD, it's probably at least as good as their last one, I/O, but there isn't any really crazy song like "Maybe.. Maybe.." on this one. However, still two thumbs up from me.)

And after I got home, I checked angela's website and realized I made a fatal error. The Shibuya (渋谷) AX concert wasn't on April 1st like I had previously thought. It was on April 8th. This is good news since I'll hopefully find my way to Kyoto () during break, and will be back in time to catch the concert on the 8th. I waited too long to get tickets, so I'm stuck standing, and they probably won't see me, but I wouldn't be surprised if my lip-prints are still on Atsuko (敦子)'s hand from last summer. それは本当の「渋味」だ。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home